Increasing enrollment in low enrolled courses and programs

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Brian BeattyBrian Beatty
      Keymaster

One value that HyFlex teaching may offer a school or a program, or even individual faculty member, is to add a few more students to under enrolled class. In many institutions, if the class does not meet minimum enrollment expectations the class may be canceled. Similarly, if a degree program does not attract enough students to maintain minumum numbers for viability the program may be canceled or suspended. When HyFlex allows you to reach students who aren’t normally available for face-to-face classes or who do not want a fully online course experience, then it could help support enrollment – especially in highly valued but smaller niche programs.

Are you using or planning to use HyFlex to increase enrollment in low enrolled classes?

Melanie LefebvreMelanie Lefebvre

I think it’s a great idea to increase enrollment, especially if there is very clear messaging explaining what HyFlex is. I think that for some people it is such a new concept that it can be hard for them to believe that a program can be offered entirely online.

Even though the program I teach is advertised as HyFlex, with accompanying descriptions, I often still have students asking me whether they have to come to campus. This makes me wonder if there are prospective students who don’t reach out, assuming some element of campus involvement is involved.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.