Feedback from Students

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Melanie LefebvreMelanie Lefebvre

I’m sharing some anonymous comments from students who’ve taken HyFlex courses with me:

“It has been very rewarding having all classes online because it is easier to cope with the stressful school schedule. I can watch my class recordings when I am mentally prepared to study. Work and study are also less strenuous with remote learning”

“It is seamless to take synchronously or asynchronously..”

“This has been a great experience, especially since everything is virtual and is so distanced, but she makes me feel like I am really part of the class and like I am there with her.”

“…has been very rewarding having all classes online because it is easier to cope with the stressful school schedule. I can watch my class recordings when I am mentally prepared to study. Work and study are also less strenuous with remote learning.”

“What is most helpful with remote learning is being able to have the choice to arrange my school schedule around my work schedule. I prefer to attend class remotely but appreciate the flexibility that class recordings provide.”

“Being able to rewatch a lecture is wonderful. This format has changed how I want to experience school”

“IT also helped me get set up for remote learning…It has been better for me than if I had to attend school. Wonderful.”

Brian BeattyBrian Beatty
      Keymaster

Melanie, thanks for sharing your positive feedback from students about their HyFlex experience. Do you also have anecdotes or quotes that express some of their frustrations with HyFlex? When I’ve asked students about their experience, most of the comments I received are highly positive. But there are always some students, in some situations, that tell me that the way that I am implementing HyFlex isn’t working all that well for them. These are often complex situations involving several factors, though not always. Some students just don’t like this approach! Thankfully, in my experience this is a relatively low number, 10-15% or less.

Melanie LefebvreMelanie Lefebvre

In response to your question, “Do you also have anecdotes or quotes that express some of their frustrations with HyFlex?”, rarely.

The only frustration I’ve heard so far is that it would be easier to learn in person, particularly for students who are new to Canada and are already adjusting to so many cultural changes!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.